Friday, May 2, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 58: Locks of Love

Being a yogini, I think about non-attachment all the time. I try not to have too many possessions and try to let go of things as much as I can. (It can be really hard)

One thing that I am attached to... literally... is my hair. I love my long hair.  

But in an act of non-attachment and as a random act of kindness, I decided to donate my hair to Locks of Love. "Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. They meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics. Most of the children helped by Locks of Love have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure. The prostheses we provide help to restore their self-esteem and their confidence, enabling them to face the world and their peers."


Before my haircut today at Olive Hill Salon. 

Nini, my awesome hair stylist, sectioned off my hair and measured each segment to make sure they were all 10" long. 

It was awesome that Olive Hill salon had  copies of Lock of Love donation forms! 

Filled out my donation form, and ready to put it in the mail. 

I was super scared to cut my hair but I am excited about my new, lighter, summer hair. 

I want to thank Nini at Olive Hill Salon for helping me today on my Random Act of Kindness. If you are thinking about donating your hair to Locks of Love, I suggest going to Olive Hill Salon. Check them out at: 

Olive Hill Salon
2920 Woodside Rd.
Woodside, CA 94062
(650) 851-1150
Twitter: @OliveHillSalon


Update: June 11, 2014


I got this in the mail. Awesome! 


If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment