Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 57: Pixie Project's Furbowl


Above is my sweet girl Ruby and her buddy Speedy on her head. Ruby is a sweet and shy rescue dog who's been in my life for about four years. Ruby and her brother Max were the first dogs I have ever had.

After meeting them, I think my capacity to love and my ability to feel compassion grew. It's hard to describe how an animal can affect your life except to say that you will never be the same after having one in your life. 

The love and joy that you receive from these loyal and loving animals is unimaginable. 

Because of Ruby and Max, rescue animals have a very special place in my heart and that is why I support a wonderful animal rescue group called "Pixie Project." The Pixie Project is a non-profit animal adoption center and rescue. They offer a variety of services to the public including but not limited to: pet adoption services, pet owner education and support and low cost and free spay and neuter and veterinary services for homeless and low-income pet owners.  

To help support Pixie Project, I signed up for their bowling event, "Furbowl," on May 17th and am helping to raise money for their non-profit. 


If you want to donate money to Pixie Project and help support me and wonderful animals like Ruby and Max, please make a donation to my team "Badass Bay Bowlers." 

Most of the time I focus on doing Random Acts of Kindness for other people but it's good to remember that not all the wonderful things in my life revolve around people and so when I give back, it's good to give back in different ways. 


Update: June 11, 2014: 

The event was a success and they earned $56,000! This helped build 6 new kennels and will save 100 dogs every year! 

If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment