Saturday, February 15, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 36: Making Friends


As we get older, making friends gets a little harder. 

This is especially true when you move. I know because I've moved a lot in my life. Moving can be really exciting but always feels like starting over. 

That is why, when I meet someone nice and I hear that they are new to the area, I try to make the transition a little easier. I'm lucky because most of my friends are the same way. They have big hearts and always welcome new people to hang out with us. 

I recently met a lovely woman named Connie in yoga class and when my friend, Katy and I found out that she was new to the area, we wanted to welcome her with open arms, so we threw her a "Connie Day."

We treated her to a delicious, white table cloth, brunch at Village Pub, 2967 Woodside Rd, Woodside, CA 94062, and then headed to Create It Ceramics and Glass Studio, 855 El Camino Real #108, Palo Alto, CA 94301 for some bonding. We had so much fun. If you've never been ceramics painting, you should do it. It's relaxing, creative and gives you a lot of time to get to know a new friend. 

Connie made a beautiful bowl. Katy painted a lovely ceramic "Mom" and I created a multicolored turtle piggy bank. Making friends out of strangers is an easy way to make the world a better and friendlier place. Not to mention you may find a life long friend. 



If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment