Saturday, January 4, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 4: Coffee


One of my favorite things in life is a nice cup of coffee or tea when I've been having a hard day. It's one of those simple pleasures in life, that make life a little extra nice. So today I went to a nearby Peet's Coffee &Tea and bought three $5 gift cards. I gave them to the next three people in line.

Accompanying the cards was a note I wrote: 

"Hi. My name is Joyce. This year I want to do 365 acts of kindness in the hopes that I will have made a small contribution to making the world a little nicer. So thank you for allowing me to buy you a drink today."

I don't know why, but I hurried out of the Peet's like I was on fire. Part of me feels a little embarrassed for wanting to do nice things. I guess I will have to get use to it, since I have 361 more things to do. 

To the nice people in line that received my cards: Sorry I rushed out and didn't explain myself. I was just feeling self-conscious today. Thanks! 


If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on TwitterFlickr and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment