Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 29: AIDS LifeCycle


In January of last year, my friend Shannon called me and told me that she hasn't been on a bike since she was 12 but she was going to ride 545 miles in 7 days for AIDS LifeCycle, the cycling event that benefits the HIV/AIDS-related services of the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center.

I told her that she was crazy but that I knew she could do it because she's Shannon. Shannon is one of those people who puts their mind to something and not only does it, but surpasses everyone's expectations. Whether it is at work or her personal life, she doesn't half-ass anything. 

So in 2013, she crossed that finish line and blew us all away with her dedication to making life better for people suffering from HIV/AIDS. 

That is why when she said she was going to do it again this year for the 2014 AIDS Life Cycle event, I said I was behind her all the way and donated to her page again. I know she will make me proud! 

If you want make a donation to support my beautiful friend Shannon, please check out her page here: Shannon ALC 2014.


If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment