Friday, January 17, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 17: Books




I don't know about you but over the years I have collected a lot of "only read once" books. Most of my books are fiction with an occasional biography slipped in. They tend to sit on my book shelves in perfectly new condition collecting millimeters of dust. 

If books had souls, my books would be angry with me. They would scream "MY PURPOSE IS TO BE READ!"

Instead of listening, I walk past them daily taunting them, "I could give you guys away, but instead, I will leave you on my shelves and see how much dust you can collect."

But today, it was time to pack up some books and give them a fresh start in the hands of people who love to read, as much as I do. So I had to say good-bye to my huge collection of Janet Evanovich books. What's better than giving away books that will make people laugh?

I dropped them off at LittleFreeLibrary, 670 University Ave., Los Altos, CA 94022. If you have never seen LittleFreeLibrary, you should check them out http://littlefreelibrary.org/. It's a great organization created by Todd Bol. As a tribute to his mom,  he built a model of a schoolhouse in 2009 and filled it with books. He placed the tiny structure in front of his house for his neighbors and friends to share books. It was a hit and LittleFreeLibrary was born. 

If you want to donate books to this organization, you can find a location near you at: http://littlefreelibrary.org/ourmap/ or by checking out http://littlefreelibrary.org/give/

If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment