Thursday, January 16, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 16: Checklist


I love teaching prenatal yoga. There is something about being around pregnant women that opens you to the amazing nature of women. 

I've learned a lot from reading, my doula and prenatal yoga training but nothing has been as educational as listening to my students talk about their own experiences. 

Pains, frustrations, home remedies for ailments, love, and excitement pour out of the ladies' lips filling my heart with pure joy and respect. 

Week after week, as I watch their bellies grow, their yoga practice improving, and their friendships flourish, I feel so lucky to be a part of their lives. 

The funny part about teaching prenatal yoga classes is that I know that the students will eventually stop coming to class. They will have their babies and return to their normal exercise habits, never to be seen again. 

But before that happens I try to be as supportive as possible. I created a Hospital Checklist for my beautiful ladies and hope that they will be able to use it. I hand them out in class in the hopes it helps them with their trip to the hospital. 


Thank you to my beautiful prenatal yoga students for enriching my life in so many ways. I hope the checklist is helpful. 


If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment