Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Random Acts of Kindness 15: Dessert


One of my favorite places to eat is Va De Vi Bistro & Wine Bar, 1511 Mount Diablo Blvd., Walnut Creek, CA. If you love tapas, I really recommend coming here for lunch or dinner. 

During my last visit here, I really wanted to shove my face into a plate of their desserts. They have an amazing chocolate souffle and some of the best bread pudding I have ever had. Instead of indulging in one of their wonderful desserts, I asked my awesome server, Brenn, if he would pick the nicest person in the restaurant and tell them that dessert was on me. 

The benefit of asking my server to pick a person is that he has engaged with everyone in the room. I would trust his interactions more than I would trust my own instinct on who was a nice person. I could see in his eye that he had someone in mind. 

He picked an incredibly nice woman who was telling him that she was craving their apple crostada. He made a great decision picking her because I could see that she was extremely excited and that that idea of kindness was not lost on her. I think accepting kindness and having excitement for the unexpected keeps your heart open to the world. She even thanked me on the way out of the restaurant which made my heart extra happy. 

Thanks Brenn for helping me with my act of kindness and being a great server. I always appreciate when servers treat your single person table with the same concern as a multi-person table. It makes you feel like you are as important as everyone else. I also love that the food comes out, well paced, you kept checking in with me to see if I needed anything else, and helped me with my to go order.  Wonderful people like you is part of the reason I continue to come back to the restaurant. 

If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment