Friday, March 14, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 49: Pedestrians


I love going for walks because it gives me a different perspective on life. I love taking my time in neighborhoods, looking at the flowers, trees and plants. I love waving at neighbors, smelling the air and remembering what it's like to walk softly and having intention in my actions. 

Walking also reminds me how lucky I am to have a car. Whenever I walk to a destination instead of drive, I think how much I appreciate my air-conditioned car and how quickly I can get to a place, when I need to. 

After taking a long walk on the beach today, I became extra aware of pedestrians. As my act of kindness today,  I wanted to make an effort to be kind to those who were walking around. When I was walking, I would move over to the right to let faster walkers or runners pass me. When I was driving, I would make sure I wasn't blocking the sidewalk as I pulled out of a driveway or parking lot. 

I think small acts of kindness like these seem insignificant but I could tell that people noticed and appreciated the thought. 

If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment