Sunday, February 2, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 33: Listen


I think everyone has been there before. 

You wake up and you roll over and you think to yourself... "What the hell am I doing with my life?" You mull over your problems, and try to do the math of whether it is worth getting out of bed. 

Sometimes it's not really that big of a deal but you feel exhausted and defeated by life. 

I know I have felt like that. That is why when my friends call me unexpectedly I try to answer. 

Whenever I talk my friends I remind myself to actively listen. It's too easy for me to talk about my own life, my own experiences and my own thoughts. I remind myself that "it is not about me." 

One of greatest acts of kindness that we can do for a friend or a loved one is to listen and that is what I did today. 


If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment