Sunday, January 26, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 26: Brunch


I was out with my friends having brunch at Saint Michaels' Alley, 806 Emerson Street, Palo Alto, CA, when I spotted one of my prenatal yoga students, Catherine, at the restaurant. I called her name and waved hello but she didn't see me. 

As a surprise, I decided to pay for her brunch. With the help of the staff, I replaced their check with a note that read "Hi. Just wanted to buy you brunch and wish you a nice day. Have fun today! Love, Joyce- Your yoga teacher." 

After getting her note, she looked around for me, came over, thanked me and introduced me to her husband, Ryan. They seem like a really loving couple. Watching them from across the room, I noticed all the sweet things Ryan was doing for her like put his hand on her back as they walked past other patrons to their seats, watching over her as she gently sat down, and how attentive they were to each other as they spoke. It was really nice to see her so happy. 

Surprising people is really fun. 

If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment