Thursday, January 2, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 2: Airport


While flying home, I was thinking about what I could do for my second act of kindness. I was sitting next to a lovely British couple in their forty's. They seemed like they have never been on a Vigin America flight before, so I started walking them through how to use the interactive screen. Virgin America is my favorite airline so I was happy to help them.

I didn't think that would count as an "act of kindness," so I kept trying to think of something else to do. 

Then, on the way to my car, I saw a cute couple with three kids. The kids were running all over the moving walkway and giggling. The father was pushing a huge cart of luggage. When he got to the end of the walk way, the cart hit the stainless steel toe guard and the haphazardly placed luggage fell off. 

The mother immediately started trying to wrangle the kid,s as the dad shoved the cart out of the way of oncoming people. I walked over and started helping him pick up his bags and put them back on the pushcart. 

He looked me straight in the eye and said, "You are so kind, thank you." I smiled back. Only a few second later the family was on their way again. 

That is when I realized that maybe doing good deeds is probably easier than I think. It can be as easy as paying attention to the people around me. 

If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on TwitterFlickr and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment