Monday, January 13, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 13: Blood


One of things that I hate most in life are needles. I don't know why but every time I get a shot, or donate blood, my eyes start to water, my throat starts to close up and I think I am going to cry. Needless to say, I am a big baby. Don't get me started on what happens if I see a needle in my skin. (Shiver)

So, why in the hell have I been donating blood since 1997?

That is an easy question to answer. Ever since high school, I have had many of my immediate family members, including my mom and dad, go to the hospital and have operations. If it wasn't for the kind people all over the US that donated blood, they wouldn't have had a chance at recovery. It's the kind souls that donated blood that gave my family members a fighting chance to get over their ailments. 

So, despite my horrible fear of needles, I try to donate blood ever 8-12 weeks. I feel like I am paying them back for what they did for me. 

My recent visit was at Blood Centers of the Pacific- Millbrae location. I'd like to thank Raina, who checked me in, Olivia, who checked my iron levels, America and Sarah, who took my blood, Rose, a tech who chatted with me, and Bruce, a volunteer who gave me cookies and juice. Thanks for making donating blood easy and pleasant. 


If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment