Friday, January 10, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 10: Food


Something my friends and l do, from time to time, is clean out our pantries and donate all our unused, nutritious, non-perishable food to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara & San Mateo.

The food bank is always in need of nutritious, nonperishable foods such as:
Meals in a can (stew, chili, soup)
Tuna and canned meat
Peanut butter
Canned foods with pop-top lids
Low sugar cereals
100% fruit juices in single serving boxes
Canned fruit packed in juice
Canned vegetables (low salt)

Donating food is a great way to help the community and also do something nice for yourself. Having a clean pantry always makes me feel better because, food isn't being wasted, my pantry is a lot cleaner, and everything I keep, becomes easier to find.

A special thank you to all my friends who donated to the food bank!

If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment