Thursday, February 27, 2014

Random Act of Kindness 41: Pho



I was taking my dog back from the vet today when I got hungry. I was thinking about getting some pho, (Vietnamese noodle soup) at Pho Vi Hoa, 4546 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CA 94022 as I was driving down the road. I came to the El Camino, San Antonio intersection in Los Altos, when I saw a man, in his late 20's with dirty blonde dreadlocks. He had a sign that said "Anything Will Help."

I smiled at him as I drove passed. He smiled back and that sealed his fate. 

I drove into the parking lot and walked up and told him I was going to get myself some pho for lunch and ask him if he would like a bowl also. He was really excited and surprised and said, "Sure that would be great." 

I order the food and got both orders to go. I walked back to the intersection and handed the man his food and he seemed so happy. Before leaving, I said "I hope you have a good day," and in reply he said, "I am now. Thanks. I hope you have a good day too." I reflexively smiled in response. 

It's awesome how a hot bowl of noddle soup and a little kindness can make someone's day a little better. 


If you like my posts, please like me on Facebook, add me on G+
follow me on Twitter, and check out my Pinterest. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment